Consuming cannabis with friends is one of the most enjoyable aspects of a cannabis ritual. During COVID-19, having a smoke session or “sesh” with friends isn’t an option due to health precautions (like no bong and joint sharing) and practicing social distancing. Fortunately, we have 7 fun and creative ways you can safely sesh with friends.
- Movie Party – Who doesn’t love a good movie while enjoying a great high. Thanks to free apps like Netflix Party and Scener, technology is bringing the movie theatre right to you and your friends at home. Watch movies or shows and communicate with your friends in real-time using chat features. Scener even allows you to keep the video chat going during the movie. So if you want to take a toke together in real-time while watching your favourite episode, you can.
- Book Club – Looking to start a new book? Start a book club with your friends by scheduling weekly or monthly video calls using free conference tools like Zoom or Google Meets to discuss a book together (and make sure your favourite cannabis strain is present too). If you don’t know which book to start with, check out Indigo’s celebrity book club favourites where you can find book recommendations from Obama, Reese Witherspoon, Bill Gates and more.
- Games Night – If you’re up for a little friendly competition, host an online games night sesh using free apps like Bunch and Houseparty. Together you and up to 8 friends can virtually connect and play popular games like Trivia, Heads Up!, or Draw while enjoying your favourite cannabis strain. Having a games night on a weekly or monthly basis keeps you and your friends connected.
- Online Cook-Off – With most people spending time at home, this is a great opportunity to host an online cook-off and dinner party with friends. If you’re looking for inspiration, check out Cooked with Cannabis on Netflix and compete against one another to make the best cannabis-infused dish. If you haven’t cooked with cannabis before, be sure to check out Leafly’s guide on how to make edibles to help get you started.
- Virtual Paint and Puff – Who doesn’t love a good paint and puff session? YouTube has free virtual painting videos that you can pair with video syncing apps like SyncTube so you and your friends can watch the video simultaneously. If you’re not sure where to start, check out this easy beginner acrylic painting step by step painting class and get going on your masterpiece.
- Dance Party – With bars and nightclubs forced to shut down, you can show off your best moves with friends through a virtual dance party. Put on your best dancing shoes, grab your favourite strain and find a virtual dance party on Instagram Live or check out Eventbrite where you can find a virtual party that fits your group’s mood and music interests.
- Virtual Walking Tours – Do you enjoy going on high adventures with friends? Explore the entire world from the comfort of quarantine by joining in on a virtual walking tour. Together you can explore Phatra Market in Bangkok, Times Square in New York City, and even get taken away to Venice, Italy through the Venice canals. If you’re in the mood to explore somewhere local, there are a number of Canadian museums and galleries such as The National Gallery of Canada, the Art Gallery of Ontario and the Royal Ontario Museum offering virtual walking tours and exclusive access to their collections.
So if you’re missing a good smoke sesh with your friends, try out one of these fun virtual activities to ease the isolation and feel connected again. Whether you’re having a cook-off, games night or a fun dance party, be sure to set the mood with your favourite cannabis strain. Also, don’t forget your Sticky Nuggz papers to make certain you and your friends have an enjoyable pandemic sesh.
Interested in reading more Sticky Nuggz blogs? Check out our latest blog on What to Look for in a Rolling Paper.